Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Kung Fu Folder

As you probably know, Elliott likes TV waaaaay too much. It's quite worrisome. I'm on Mission 1000 to get him to stop watching so much. I have moved his "activity basket" into the breakfast room and have asked Doug to try and coerce him into coloring, etc. when they get home in the afternoons and while Doug is cooking. I figure that would kill two birds at one time: less TV and more quality time with Daddy. But who am I kidding? He's been coloring all day; I wouldn't want to color when I got home. I would want to do what he wants to do: sit down and watch TV!

Well, last night I decided my laziness was too much and that the laundry -- dirty AND clean -- needed to be conquered. So I talked Elliott into coming in my room with me while I folded. And he, post shower and in his Kung Fu Panda pajamas, was most interested in helping. He got up on the bed, stood up (apparently when you are only 3 feet tall that is the optimal position for folding), and helped me fold clothes for close to an hour. It was so freaking cute. Almost too cute to write in this blog ;)

No comments: