Thursday, February 19, 2009

A 2nd Helping of Weighty Thoughts

Last night I embarked on what was suppose to be a fun activity: digging through all Elliott's pictures in order to find 8 closeups that showed a range of emotions. I am going to scan them, make them sepiatone, and put them in 2 frames in my living room...that are already hanging on the wall picture-less. As I was ooh'ing and ahh'ing my way down memory lane, a terrible side effect emerged. I had to essentially watch myself gain weight over the last 8.5 years of marriage. Fun times. And yesterday was a baaaaaaaaad eating day. The kind of day where I try to see just how much sugar and sodium and other things I can consume. And yet...I still weighed the exact same thing this morning. You know, that exact same amount I've weighed for the past few weeks even though today is the 4 week mark of when I finally joined the Sanderson Center (cue choir of angels). You should see all the damn stickers on my calendar. But no, no weight loss. I mean, what am I doing this for? My health? Tee hee.

No comments: