Tuesday, January 5, 2010

I Got Sucker Punched in My Frugal Face

Ok, I am trying really hard to have my frugal face on. I did backslide some over the past two days, having a Starbucks coffee and eating out two lunches (weaknesses that cost me $22.50), but I knew that as soon as class started tomorrow that would be it. In fact, today we had a meeting at Starbucks, and I had a free ice water. Baby steps. Before I tell you what happened to make me want to throw a pity party today, I must provide some evidence in defense of my pathetic self.

Doug started his new job on Monday (yay!). However, that set in motion having to pay for COBRA insurance for one month for him, which we did with his very last paycheck from his old job. The ENTIRE paycheck. G-O-N-E. Then, because it is his first week and how they do payroll, he will not get a check this week. G-U-L-P. I get paid NEXT Friday. D-O-U-B-L-E G-U-L-P. But I had a plan. And then I had to go to the pharmacy for Doug...S-I-G-H.

So there I am, at the pharmacy, a new year upon us which means his ridunkulous pharmacy deductible has not been met, and I had to reach in for that shiny, silver, &^#&@@^$ card.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I went home and was blessed with a meal my in-laws brought over (FREE!). I then attempted to get my antenna working on my TV now that there is no Dish. I wish I had a video of me with that antenna that refuses to assist me; so I missed the Biggest Loser. :(

Ok, so pity party is being pushed to the side because I have to remember to be thankful that we both have jobs in these shitty times; this also makes my resolve so much stronger to fix this mess.

I better go roll some coins now...

3 comments:

Design Girl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mkraiz said...

I think no dish = more reading! I have plenty of suggestions! cheer up charlie!

Chicken's Mom said...

Yeah, reading an A&P textbook! :)