Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Hero Worship

I was just saying how I'm trying to fit in all the other chores into my life that are needed. And even though I am guilty of it, one of my pet peeves is hearing, "I don't have time." Seems like I could always find time to sit and watch TV (have you noticed that I'm trying to convince myself to keep to the very little TV watching?). Anyhoo, I am encouraging us all to reevaluate our priorities, our schedules and our timing. Here is a story to inspire you.

Van and Gregg have been married 10.5 years (two days short of being married exactly one year longer than Doug and I). They have 3 children ages 10, 8 and 3 (I think). They both work, and they have both gone back to school. If you are keeping score, that means that not only do they both have college homework, they have to help with two elementary kiddos' homework also. They cook at home every single night. Van makes a menu and grocery list every single week. Her house is always clean (picked up, organized and actually clean - the whole kit and kaboodle). And now, they get up at 4:30 AM to exercise. Yes, you read that correctly. FOUR-THIRTY AM...TO EXERCISE...TO A JILLIAN MICHAELS DVD. They are my heroes. You guys rock!

No comments: