Thursday, January 7, 2010

Holy Television, Batman!

It's been four days since I cut off the Dish (ok, well, since I "paused" it for six months). And in these 4 days I have flip-flopped between missing my channels a whole bunch and not missing it at all. It's frustrating right now because we can't get the local channels, so we can only watch DVDs. We are working with a friend on getting this straightened out. And I miss the freedom that Tivo gave us. I knew it was taping my shows and that I could watch them anytime I wanted. So now when the local channels are working, I'll actually have to pay attention to what day and time it is.

BUT, with all that being said, I am cheering myself on about saving $50/month for the next 6 months...Woo hoo $300! So then I started thinking, how much have we spent over our married life on cable/satellite? Prepare yourselves.

We've been married 9.5 years, which is 114 months. I'm almost positive we've had cable or satellite the entire time. So if we've paid $50/month (and sometimes it was more), then we've spent $5700 on satellite during our marriage. DUDE.

Every time I miss my shows I'm going to think, "What could I have done with $5700 other than watch TV?" This decision just got that much easier!

No comments: