Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Cure for the Common Mommy Brain

I used to be very good at remember things: all things, big and small. School things, dates to remember, random things, all of it. And telling you this is not bragging because memorization is one of the lowest level learning skills. So I find it incredibly frustrating to be so forgetful now. I never got to blame it on pregnancy brain, so I am fo' sure blaming it on Mommy Brain. But alas, I have found the key to overcoming it: playing the game Memory every night! Ha! Elliott now LOVES Memory. He got his first game last year (as it is for ages 3+), but last year he was not down with rules and such. But at 4, by gosh he is a Memory champion! We play at least once a night. And since he has two versions (Toy Story and Spiderman), at least we get a little variety. For the record, he has more fun playing with me than he does with Doug! ;)

Last night was super fun as all 3 of us played. The competition was on!

No comments: