Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Day 16: The Natives Are Bitchy

Hey, hey, hey, wait just a minute. Give the natives a break. They are wife-bitchy, not Lupron-bitchy. Let the record show that I have never needed a medical excuse to activate The Bitch Switch. Here is a rundown of Labor Day weekend:

Friday:
Supper at LAF with Erica and kiddos and my mom. Getting there late is like being 5 shots of tequila behind everyone else. You need to have been there when the momentum reached 100, not just walk into it. Shew. Then we headed to the OHA football game. Went pretty well considering. We wisely left following the half-time show.

Saturday:
PAF! I love PAF like a loyal WP'er should. Mom, Elliott and I (Doug was at work at the Co-op) started our morning with a funnel cake (8:15ish), and E and I quickly followed it with a chicken-on-a-stick (9:30ish). PAF appetite is like no other. Gorge fest! Elliott was super whiney, and we finally called it a day around 12:30. Elliott and I went home to nap; Doug went to the MSU game. Note we haven't seen him since 7 am. I woke up from my nap with a horrendous headache which I suspect was from the overindulgence of food and sugar. Took an Ultram. Nothing. Took another one. Went to church. Head is still killing me. I couldn't even sing. And people, I LOVE to sing. God simply forgot to insert the talent. Anyhoo, we left church (Mom, Penny, the girls, E and I) and headed to Artesia for a post-dove hunt hamburger cooking. Head still hurting, so I also take an Aleve. That's right, 2 Ultrams and 1 Aleve. FINALLY sometime during Artesia I start to get a break from the headache. I'm now at like 25% headache and 75% slight buzz. At least I can function now. Doug finally arrives from the game, 12+ hours since we've last seen him.

Sunday:
The three of us head to Louisville to have lunch with Doug's family. Shea, Terry and the kids were there for the weekend. Now, even though we are "together" and at his family's house, that doesn't mean Doug hangs out with us. He still finds time to go get his game camera from the woods and assorted other activies. We leave there to head to Palo Alto for (1) Doug to dove hunt that afternoon and (2) Penny's b'day supper that night. So bye-bye Doug from 2:30 until 7 pm. And who was there to console a little boy who wanted to go? ME. Nice supper and b'day cake. I, sensing how tired and ill Elliott already was, wanted to leave at 7:45. Instead we left after 9 and boy did we pay the price.

Monday:
Doug got up and left around 7 am to go to the country and work on his box stand. There MIGHT have been a half-assed invitation to join him, but I knew better than to not let Elliott have any downtime at home before starting a new week. So on top of having Elliott by myself for another entire day, I also did dishes, laundry and cleaned the bathroom. Oh yeah, and I cooked supper.

Now I ask you, members of the female jury, wouldn't you be pissy too?

No comments: