Thursday, May 14, 2009

Parking Phobia

Phobia #3: Parking and Backing Up. I am miffed that there is no cool word for this phobia. It's much more logical than some of these others: http://www.phobialist.com/

No joke, I have a serious parking and backing up phobia. It's so bad that when we were looking at houses, all driveways and parking situations had to be factored in. And when I watch House Hunters, I'm often overheard saying, "There is no way I could buy that house. DID YOU SEE THAT DRIVEWAY??!!" I'm pretty sure I know where this phobia originated, but for fear of self-revelation of guilt, I will keep that information to myself. So anyway, I stopped at Wal-Mart this morning (see previous post), and some idiot parked next to me after I went in the store. Please explain to me why it was necessary to BACK their Chevy Cavalier in between me and the buggy return, STICKING WAY OUT OF THE PARKING SPACE. I tried THREE times to back out, and every time it looked like scraping that damn Cavalier would be the end result. When I tell you I was nearly hyperventilating, I am not exaggerating. I couldn't go forward because of the black Lexus in front of me. I finally was able to manuever The Mother Ship forward and to the right IN BETWEEN the Lexus and the buggy return. I felt as if I'd escaped a perilous death in that moment.

No comments: