Wednesday, May 27, 2009

NY Pt. 3: Let's Bring it on Home

Another early morning was my fate on Sunday. Again the public bathroom. We left behind all those who would be making the drive as Mom, Granddaddy, David and I left the retreat center for Peakskill to return the rental car. I imagined a place like Peakskill to be lovely based on its name. Wrong. From Peakskill I endured the most terrifying taxi ride in my life, and this girl has been in taxis in foreign countries. If I told you I fell onto my knees upon reaching the train station, I would be lying but it would have been an appropriate gesture. After a chilly wait, we were finally NYC bound upon the train. My mom and I amused ourselves with talk of crotchless Spanx, and David feared for our sanity. At Grand Central, we successfully loaded all of us and our luggage into a taxi and headed back to LaGuardia. Not much of a wait to check in at the airport. But when I did, good news awaited me: FIRST CLASS, BABY! That's right, I am no longer a first class virgin. Some guilt since mom and granddaddy were in coach. But not too much. I ate my free lunch on real dishes and relished my fatty seat. Once we arrived in MEM and made it to our gate, lo and behold there was Fantasia from American Idol. First class and a celebrity sighting? Awesome. Flight to TUP drama free except for a HUGE drop as we hit an air pocket. All in all, extremely smooth traveling. Which of course means I'm screwed on my next trip.

No comments: