Thursday, May 21, 2009

Blogalicious

You do know we could all drown in blogs, right? It seems like every day I find out about someone else's blog. Wowzer! So anyway, thanks for reading mine. :)

I have some friends whose blog is purely a record of their children's lives. Others whose blog is a weight loss journal. I've even seen ones based purely on house decorating. Mine is none of these things and all of these things. It is a snapshot into my mind, which is sometimes a very boring place and sometimes a very scary place. So if you ever wonder how I choose my topics, it's whatever is on my mind that day. Lots of Elliott, lots of weight struggles, a sprinkling of Doug...tee hee.

I'm currently focusing on EASY VERSUS HARD. A few years ago (2005 maybe?) I read the Dr. Phil dieting book. Stop laughing so that you can keep reading. Anyhoo, the premise of his plan stuck in my mind if not in my habits. Easy is bad. Hard is good. If you have to take time to prepare a meal, or even a snack such as cutting up an apple, by length of time alone it should point you toward a better decision. Amount of time spent in a drive thru? 5 mins. Amount of time spent on supper? At least 30 mins. Easy versus hard. Accepting that lunch invite with friends? Easy. Packing a bag and a lunch, going to the gym, changing clothes, getting sweaty nasty, taking a shower, getting redressed, eating at your desk? Hard. Sitting on the couch? Easy. Getting up and doing anything that exerts energy? Hard.

Ok, mind, translate to all regions of body!

No comments: