Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Where Is That Damn Owner's Manual?

Apparently, there is a switch inside that kid which makes it possible for him to go from being the sweetest, most loving child who can climb up in the bed with me to watch Nemo while wearing dinosaur pajamas and eating garlic bread and yet can allow him to become an irrational, manipulative almost 3 year old the next morning. And sometimes the transformation doesn't even take 8+ hours of sleep. It can be, and usually is, instantaneous. He can flip that switch before I can form a cuss word in my head, which I gotta tell you is saying something. I'm wondering if Lucas could engineer me a universal remote which would allow me to force the switch to stay in the "I'm a nice boy who knows how to mind and be loving" mode.

Aunt Kathy was right. The Terrible Twos ain't nothin'. It's the "I thought it was over but guess what I had no idea what was in store for me" TITANICALLY BAD THREES that will really test your skills. I sometimes think I can hear God laughing when I think to myself, "I always thought I would be such a good parent."

No comments: