Friday, November 14, 2008

If You Are Looking For My Will, It's On A Post-It Note

Much to Erica's dismay, my "record keeping" of addresses for the memory book was a little, how shall I say, Emily-esque. 90% of the addresses were on a printout of an Excel worksheet. Logical and ordered. The other 10%....post-it notes, scraps of paper, loose-leaf paper, etc. I could see the fear in her eyes as she hoped that I out live Doug. Because if not, go ahead and put all our possessions up for auction because no one will have any idea how to find items in what to me is a functioning system. This whole episode made me think of my dear Julianna, a classic organized Type A (I live to be an uncharacteric Type A), who I feared I would one day give a heart attack when we worked together. Though I did so enjoy handing her a note from a TORN piece of notebook paper..HAHAHAHA! And to my dear friend I say, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! MAY IT BE FULL OF BLESSINGS, AND MAY YOU WIN AT BOWLING!

3 comments:

Jules said...

You are awesome. And yes, your notes on scraps of paper gave me near heart attacks on more than one occasion, but alas, that is why I love you! Thanks for the birthday wishes. I didn't win at bowling, but there was cake so I didn't really care.

Chicken's Mom said...

Elliott would applaud your appropriate priorities...cake is always #1 at a party!

Jules said...

Sweet baby boy! I miss you so much it's just ridiculous. I must see you during Christmas. There will most definitely be a Starkville trip while I'm there, so we'll make plans! Yay!