Monday, November 17, 2008

What A Difference A Year Makes

Last year at this time we were dealing with the following:
  • Doug had changed jobs
  • Doug had lost an unexplainable amount of weight
  • Doug had been to doctor #1 and had initial tests run
  • Doug had been to doctor #2 and had a not so fun outpatient test done
  • I had started my new job
  • Elliott was turning 2
  • I was working on Elliott's playroom
  • The nightmare hospital visit and year of medical mystery was about to officially begin
  • I had started initial contact about the reunion
And now:
  • Doug not only has the new diagnosis but his kidney damage is reversed! Praise God! And I am so thankful for doctor #3
  • Elliott is turning 3
  • We are in a new (to us) house, which I never saw coming at this time last year
  • The reunion is over, and I survived it!
Life is amazing. Surprises around every corner. Makes me scared, and makes me feel blessed. Maybe next year at this time I'll be thin!!!

No comments: