Thursday, March 18, 2010

All Hail Holly

This morning I found myself once again engaged in a conversation about which celebrity magazines are trustworthy. Which reminded me of the time Holly and I had this same conversation. For those of you who don't know her, let me introduce you.

This picture doesn't do her justice, but for some reason I can't find any other pics of her in my files (in fact, I ripped this one off Facebook, and it's not even mine!). She is a doctor and brilliant, but she also has an abundant knowledge of useless info, which is one of the many reasons I love her. Her mom has had a subscription to the National Enquirer for years. She is the only person I've ever met who actually subscribes to it. Now, I read the covers in line at the grocery store like everyone else, but a subscriber I am not. I am a (sadly former) People magazine subscriber. I can't afford it anymore, ha. So one day we got into a discussion about which "news" outlets could be trusted: the battle of National Enquirer vs. People. This is the same person who I once engaged in a conversation with about fried chicken for nearly 20 minutes. Kindred spirits are we. And there was also the time we drove 10 hours to South Carolina for my work conference, and we talked THE ENTIRE WAY THERE. After two more days together and a sprained ankle, we did have to rent an audio book for the way home. But we puntuated the breaks in chapters with lots of good, though maybe random, conversation.

I heart this tiny little blonde and all that she is. And I'm thankful for her friendship more than she will ever know.

Did I forget to mention that I will be featuring my friends and family from time to time on here? Live in fear of who's up next!

3 comments:

mkraiz said...

hahahaha! You are in so much trouble! she is going to get you. I'm sure I have a pic of her and toula somewhere....

Just kidding, it is sweet.

Chicken's Mom said...

I figured she would freak out! :)

Katie V. said...

Now that I am a "follower", I am catching up on your blogs! What a grand description of Holly :) She is a plethora of knowledge.