Saturday, October 8, 2011

In My Shoes

At the 1st 5k in April, Elliott saw the other kids participating in the 1 mile Fun Run.  His interest was piqued.  Then in May at my 2nd 5k, I randomly won that medal.  That really hooked him! So I've been trying to find a time that it would work for him to do his first Fun Run.  Thanks to the help of Anna, today was the day!

Doug took this unauthorized picture of me about to cross the finish line. 
Since I look semi-decent, I decided to publish it for posterity.
I hope to see many "double" shirts in my future with Elliott!

This race was a mixed bag for me: 
  • Elliott's 1st Fun Run! :)
  • Vanessa was unable to attend; this is the first time one of us has raced without the other. :(
  • Katie V was my running buddy! :)
  • Around 2.5 miles, I started gagging.  Two sips of water instead of one did me in?  Who knows what happened.  Anyhoo, I had to walk a few yards to get myself back under control. :(
  • My time was 30:34, shaving nearly 3 minutes off my 3rd 5k time! :) [no wonder I almost puked!]
  • The first time Doug has ever been present for a race. :)
 I am so proud of my boy.  And I am so proud that I inspired him in this endeavor.  +1 for Mami!


The end of every race is the beginning of a new one.
  --T-shirt of a kid I passed

    1 comment:

    Vanessa Collier said...

    I am so proud of you and of Elliott. I totally hate that I missed Saturday. I am feeling so sad that I didn't get to run with you, but I am so proud of that time. I did have a great time though watching Carson play some baseball in Oxford. Looking forward to our next 5k in a few weeks. :)