Tuesday, January 25, 2011

She Had Him at Konnichiwa

This, my friends, is the look of pure happiness:

(photo by Brother Carlos)

Their story is a great one.  They met in March 2008 (I think I have the year right) in Ghana, Africa.  She was there on a 2-year stint with the Japanese "peace corp" designing dress patterns for Global Mamas, and he was there on an economics field trip for college.  He went back to see her twice while she was there.  She left Africa in March 2010 and returned to Japan, but then was able to come visit Jeb from May - August.  This is when we finally got to meet her.  In August Jeb went to Japan to meet her family, and that is when he proposed.  And speaking of her family, they are so precious!

(photo by Brother Carlos)

Here's a glimpse into the other wedding players...

My little man was the ringbearer:

My nieces as pretty, pretty princess flower girls:

My hubs and my older brother were groomsmen:



 The gorgeous bride - she MADE her dress!

My handsome 1stLT baby brother:

Hanging out pre-wedding and trying to keep his nerves down:


My parents:

That would be me, looking like a dancing fool:

 Jero's family at the reception:

 Now this is an interesting tidbit.  This guy is a former Temptation, if I understood correctly.  He came over to karaoke for the happy couple...and shamelessly self-promote (http://www.ronniethehat.com/):

And I would be remiss if I didn't mention the completely hysterical karaoke done by Jeb's Army buddies.  Awesomely awful!

It was a FANTASTIC wedding.  It was so full of love and faith and fun and all the things a wedding should be.  It was the perfect example of not needing to spend a fortune on a wedding for it to be special.  And, most importantly, it was evident we were there to witness the beginning of a MARRIAGE, not just celebrate a WEDDING (read as: event).  I know with complete faith they will live a happy married life.

Congratulations to you, my baby brother and my new sister!  Much love!

P.S. How does a country fella from Mississippi communicate with a gentleman from South Japan?  The universal word for friendship is...BEER! :)

No comments: