Thursday, January 27, 2011

I Would Like to Thank the Academy

I was so honored to be tagged by Lauran over at The Ellis Nest as a Stylish Blogger Award recipient.  Who knew I could hang with the cute mommybloggers? :)


Here are the rules:
1. Make a post & link back to the person who awarded you (done)
2. Share 7 things about yourself (see below)
3. Award 15 great bloggers so we can share the love (hmm)
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them they’ve been tagged (double hmm)

#1
I don't consider myself a "mommyblogger".  And I don't mean that statement in a derogatory way because goodness knows I love to read mommy blogs.  I think these women are creating amazing records for their kiddos.  I see my blog as self-therapy.  And I use it to try and sharpen my wit and outlook on life.

#2
I love black dress pants and heels for work.

#3
I love to read celebrity gossip and trash (romance fiction).  My love of reading is fueled by it being an escape from reality.  I got mad recently when I read a book that I felt too closely mirrored my life.  Why do I want to read about that?  I want the fairytale!

#4
Speaking of fairytales, I am such a romantic.  I think everyone has a special someone out there, and I'm always on the lookout for potential matchups for people in my life.  My new joke is that I was a Jewish matchmaker in another life. (NO, I don't believe in reincarnation, but I do love to joke about irreverent things.)

#5
I always identify myself as a pessimist, but I have a very specific outlook on my pessimism: if you prepare for the worst, then it can only get better.  I shared this outlook with one of Jeb's roommates this weekend, and he shocked me by saying, "I think that actually makes you an optimist because you do want it to be the better option."  Color me tickled!

#6
I wish I could sing.

#7
My ovaries could take over the world.

I'm unsure of tagging 15 other people since I mostly "stalk" other people's blogs. Guess you just got a free #8.

No comments: