Monday, November 1, 2010

30-Day Blog Challenge: Day 8

Day 8: A place you've traveled to

Yes, I realize it says "A" place you've traveled to.  But I'm going to mention more than one.  It's my blog, dang it! ;)

I don't consider myself that well-traveled, but when I stop and make a list I'm actually doing pretty well.  As a child, as I've mentioned numerous times, we went to PCB, FL every year for vacation.  In addition to that, I visited my aunt in Austin when I was a mere 2, and I visited Virginia with my grandmother and cousins when I was in the 4th grade.  That was probably the extent of my traveling until I went to Mexico for spring break senior year.  We love to tell those stories!  When Doug and I got married, we honeymooned in Montego Bay, Jamaica.  Then two years later I started traveling with my job.  For a long time I kept a list:
  • Orlando x2
  • Charleston (Hollar, Holly!) x2
  • Nashville x2
  • Omaha
  • Atlanta x too many to count
  • New Orleans x3
  • Little Rock
  • San Antonio x2
  • Biloxi x2
  • Dallas
  • Tampa
  • Memphis
  • West Monroe, LA*
  • Baltimore
  • Logan, UT
  • Chicago 
  • Lexington
My favorite place we went was Logan, UT, which is near Salt Lake City.  It was so different from here, and I was with a really fun group that trip.

Of course, then we made the most important trip of our life in May 2006 to Guatemala City.  That was right after my West Monroe trip, so that makes WM seem better in hindsight.  What a trip.  Story still to come about that part of the adoption journey.

In December 2006, I went to NYC for the first time.  I do so love it.  My first two trips there (out of three) were amazing.  It's a dead tie on which was better.

Hey, where did this elephant come from?

No comments: