Friday, September 3, 2010

Regression Analysis

So, it's a really good thing that I wrote about Elliott's (POSITIVE!) first day of school. Because since his 180 degree turnabout after day 3, those positive first few days are a vague memory. Some days I swear it never happened.

Lots of tears and worrying have filled our mornings and nights ever since. He eats, on a good day, 1/2 of his sandwich at school. He even refused his Popsicle at the Superstar party on Tuesday (children who have smiley faces for the entire month get to attend a party) for fear that it would make his stomach hurt. Doug and I really, really hate the phrases, "My stomach might hurt" and "My stomach hurts at lunchtime."

He has regressed to sleeping in our bed. He cries every day. But once he gets to school, he does well (other than the lunch stuff). Today, as it is not only Friday but treasure chest day (10 consecutive smiley face days to choose a prize), he was slightly more composed. But guess what? Corgan chose to regress today. And selfishly, I thought, "Thank you for letting me have a slight break."

Elliott's teacher sent me the below photo this morning, along with a note that the PE teacher thinks Elliott is the sweetest child in the class (AWW!). Notice that Corgan is smiling, but then notice the smiley faces on the wall to the left.

Corgan's name is the only one on the middle face - prior to 9 am this morning. Uh oh!

And here is a quick pic of us supporting our DAWGS today!

Happy Friday!

No comments: