Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Precious Moments

This is a transcript of our conversation on the way home from soccer practice last night:

Elliott: I wish I had a baby.

Me: You wish you had a baby brother or sister?

Elliott: Yes.

Me: What do you want, a baby brother or a baby sister?

Elliott: Daddy, what do you want?

Me: No, Doug, do not answer. Elliott, what do YOU want?

Elliott: I want a boy.

Doug: I want a girl.

Me: Well, we just need to pray about it.

Elliott: Ok, let's do it.

Me: You want to pray about it now?

Elliott: Yes.

Me: Ok, Daddy, go for it.

Doug starts praying. I add a little something and start tearing up. And then...

Elliott: ...and God, if you could also help us get a guinea pig.

Me: HAHAHAHAHA!

3 comments:

Tennille said...

Just makes a heart melt!!! Thanks for sharing this!

Lauran said...

Awww! Bless him! That is a cute story :)

Kasey said...

That is just precious. I got teary eyed at first then after I read the last line I was laughing out loud :)