Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Battle Vegetable

There are only so many green beans and carrots (with ranch, of course) that I can feed my child. So I'm back to using the mini-food chopper to hide veggies in food. Last night, I chopped up onion and bell pepper finely for the spaghetti. That means he got FOUR different vegetables last night! (Onion, bell pepper, tomatoes and mushrooms from the sauce.) Tonight I'm back to peas and green beans, but tomorrow night I'm again hiding onion and bell pepper in the meatloaf. And with my cauliflower-hidden-in-there mashed potatoes, I can once again get 3+ veggies in him.

Does anyone else have any other good tricks? I must confess I need to try more of the Deceptively Delicious recipes, but I'm always looking for quick sneaks!

2 comments:

Mike, Kacy & Wells said...

Wells really likes her sweet potato pancakes & they're super easy once you have the purees made. I also get broccoli super fine and put it in the mac n cheese - he can see it, but there's no getting around it. Mike really likes the choc. chip cupcake recipe, but it's more work!

Chicken's Mom said...

Thanks, Kacy!