Thursday, July 9, 2009

I'm on a Boat!

We took the boat out for the first time this summer on Sunday, which is quite pathetic considering it's July. And if you know me then you know I have mixed feelings about the divorce-mobile. Daddy and Doug purchased it right as I was gearing up to get us started on Elliott's adoption. I was freaking out about the cost of international adoption, and they were out buying a boat I couldn't afford. And I'm still paying the insurance on it each year. Think happy thoughts, Emily.

Anyhoo, Daddy, Doug, Mom, Elliott and I set off on what was a questionable outing due to impending rain. Daddy, aka Co-op radar guru, swore there was just one tiny little blip on the radar and that it shouldn't affect us. Not long into the trip, here came the rain. They wanted to wait it out. But super nervous mom here was not interested in waiting to see if lighting might accompany the rain. So we set off back to the ramp in the rain, which was quite painful for everyone except Elliott, who I had under a mom-reinforced rain shield made from a beach towel. And he has always done this really somber act when riding in the boat, but this time when we got back to the ramp he had a confession: "Mami, I not like the boat; it scare me." Amen, baby. Now just convince Big John to sell it.

No comments: