Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Snap, Crackle & Pop

As we were getting into bed last night, Doug kept whining about the static in the bed. There was no static on my side, so I mocked him accordingly and made snide remarks about what a grouch he has become. But low and behold, in the darkness of the wee hours of the morning, when I was putting the covers back on Elliott for maybe the 5th time, I saw the coolest sparks of light. The static was putting on a miniature light show, and being the only one awake I was the only one who got to witness it. And for some odd reason, the old Snap, Crackle & Pop phrase popped into my mind, immediately followed by the image of the three little dudes. And then I laid there thinking how our little family of 3 could relate:
  • Snap: ME, obviously, but I am working on it
  • Crackle: Grouchy old man Doug [Side note: Why is it that he is either acting 12 or 85? Can I get my 35-year-old for heaven's sake?]
  • Pop: Elliott
Ok, now those thoughts were in the a.m. hours. I mean, really? I wake up and this is what I think about? Go figure.

No comments: