Monday, January 26, 2009

It's Like Memories on a Plate

My dear friend Julianna recently introduced me to the concept of Birthday WEEK rather than just a single birthday celebration. I always knew she was a smart girl. And since I've been married, it has kind of unintentionally been that way, as my actual birthday is a little dull but the preceding and/or proceeding weekend usually has some good times attached. I feel especially blessed this year on my 29th birthday. No, really, it's my first shot at 29. Here is a rundown of the activities and gifts I was blessed to receive:
  • A digital camera and memory card from my dear Erica in NOVEMBER and with which I have captured a 3rd birthday, Christmas and Disney World (she rocks!)
  • Flowers delivered to work from Doug
  • Lunch from Sara
  • Lunch from Tamra
  • Lunch from Laura with AO
  • Stepping stones and a pretty purse contact case from my mom and dad
  • A personalized Christmas platter, Tales of Beedle the Bard AND The Alchemist from Jero, Penny and the girls
  • A steak dinner cooked by Doug
  • A taco lunch and a strawberry cake, compliments of my family
  • A new pair of pants, a new cardigan and a new sweater from the Shaws
  • Lots of calls and emails from other friends and family
Shew! What an awesome birthday! And the icing on the cake? I was able to bring home my grandmother's dining room table FINALLY. When it was in place, I called my mom and said, "My table has come home."

2 comments:

Design Girl said...

Great news! Does the table look the way you imagined it would in your dining room?

Chicken's Mom said...

Well, it's a little more banged up than my memory recalls. But I shall show it love and pampering!