Thursday, January 15, 2009

QUICK! SOMEBODY PASS ME THAT MCDONALDS BAG!

My dear friend Roberto was kind enough to remind me -- 5 days into the new year -- that I had previously laid down certain criteria for considering child #2:
  • Elliott must be sleeping in his own bed.
  • Elliott must be potty trained.
So when Roberto asked me about it a week or so ago, I said, "It's not going. At all. Elliott must know these criteria and is taking a stand." However, as stated in my previous post, potty training is beginning to make some progress, thanks to the daycare teachers. And Tuesday night, now that our room is complete (HALLELUJAH!), he went to sleep in his toddler bed -- doesn't matter that it is 2 feet from our bed, it is not our bed. So I'm laying there thinking how amazing it is that in a week we went from no progress to lots of progress, and I came to a realization. He is making progress on the two criteria. And I almost hyperventilated. I guess that's a pretty clear indication of how I currently feel about a #2.

No comments: