Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Let Them Drink Wine

Last night at the last minute I was talked into going to a social with a small group of ladies from church. Now, you must remember first and foremost that we are Catholic, so these get togethers are fun. We walked in and the hostess asked me, "Red or white?" Gotta love a party that starts off with the wine choice.

Before leaving home I had to explain my whereabouts to E. I told him I was going to a GROWNUP LADIES party. When he insisted he wanted to go, I explained that he was neither a grownup nor a lady. And somehow this worked. But when I got home he wanted a rundown of the night. And he said, "You go to party?" Yes, I replied. "They have cake?" Ok, MY KID. He knows that it's not a party without cake. And he was very disappointed, yet relieved that he had not missed out, when I said there was no cake. I'm pretty sure he noted all these details in his tiny steel trap mind: "Never attend a party at Mrs. Kim's house -- she doesn't serve cake."

2 comments:

Jules said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jules said...

I just laughed out loud at the "I explained to him that he was neither a grownup nor a lady" comment. Haha! Hilarious.