Friday, April 1, 2011

Signs, Signs, Everywhere Signs? - Take 2

Remember this?

Well, ask and you shall receive.

A few days after writing the above post, I prayed on my way to work asking God to provide some VERY SPECIFIC signs that we are supposed to get moving on adoption #2.  That very day, I sat down to this image at lunch.  I also received an awesome IM peptalk from hello kissey.  I really, really wanted to share it with y'all, but my IM history is not cooperating.  Boo.  And last but certainly not least...

Some $ was unexpectedly given.  More to come on that.

So over the last month (March), my steps have been much more purposeful. Pre-steps to the big ones, if you will. And you may not understand it, but what appears to be a slow start is my very thoughtful approach to beginning the correct way.  Again, more to come on what I've been doing in March.

Last time, though I do remember exactly how much research I had previously done, when I thought we were ready to start I just stepped off that curb into traffic.  I didn't care if cars had to swerve to avoid me, and it's a good thing God looks after fools.  Because there I was, marching headfirst across that street, arms pumping, ready to run over any obstacle.  This time I find myself standing on the curb, very much noticing the traffic, licking a finger and checking the wind, searching my pockets for a compass, not willing to chance a false start.  It appears to be working. 

No comments: