Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Immigration Paperwork En Route!

I lovingly carried around the packet to mail to USCIS (the I800A) all day today before finally getting to mail it at 3 pm.  (I may have gone a little crazy with the tape, but I digress.)  Right before heading to the post office, I received a (really loooong) email from the international agency welcoming us to the next level, so to speak.  (Seriously, I opened this email on my phone and scrolled and scrolled and scrolled...)  It seems in terms of this agency that once your home study is approved you get the keys to the kingdom.  I went from minimal correspondence from them to HELLO, MY NAME IS OVERWHELMED!  I thought I knew what my next steps were, and now I'm being told I have 5 business days to submit some other items.  I find this a bit unsettling seeing as I'm a control freak.  So, I will reread this email at least 5 times tonight, ponder over it during my run, and then get to work on my newly revised to do list tomorrow.  At least I found coupons for our passport photos :)


No comments: