Friday, July 23, 2010

The Return, and Subsequent Squashing, of Sassy Pants

As you may have noticed, we leave for the beach tomorrow! And I'm wondering if the fact that today I felt like I had my sassy back is really good or really bad timing. In addition to all the weight numbers I threw at you just days ago, I'm 0.6 pounds away from what I like to call a new weight family (or a new set of 10's if you will). In other words, IF I weighed 130.5 lbs, then I would be 0.6 pounds from the 120's family. But I digress.

Today I feel like there is hope for this fattie. Today I feel that in the near future I can breakthrough the badness. B-u-t. In just a day, I will be faced with the personal manifestation of my failure -- the childhood friend who moved away, while still the chubby kid and turned out super hot. I mean, I don't want to be harsh, but she is the real life Ugly Duckling into the Swan (not that she was ever ugly).

So, I will attempt to be sassy while faced with hotness. Oh dear.

Stories to come after next week!

3 comments:

Kasey said...

Have fun at the beach!!!!

Tennille said...

I saw Doug loading up the van tonight when Foster and I walked past. Hope ya'll have a great time!!! Don't make Elliott wear something he doesn't want too:)

Mike, Kacy & Wells said...

You crack me up. I totally understand new weight family - it's all about the small goals, right? At least that's what I keep telling myself. Have fun at the beach!!